I had an incident happen at a hospital that was so

Customer Question
I had an incident...

I had an incident happen at a hospital that was so outrageous even my closest friends find it hard to believe.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Tennessee

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet although my doctor in the case helped me move from Cookeville Medical Center to Vanderbilt to complete my heart ablation procedure when I was cardioverted there because I was afraid to return to Cookeville General hospital.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It happened in October 2016. While I was a patient undergoing an ablation at Cookeville Regional hospital I said something while I was sedated which the charge nurse later shared with the patient in the room next door. All the people on the team were from Sparta and the day before the White County School Board had agreed to adopt a textbook that said 'islam was one of the world's four great religions.' The community, culturally backward, was outraged. The remark I made was that I had muslim neighbors in Illinois who were fine people. And I gave examples of why they were fine people. later on, at ten pm when I awoke from the anesthetic I could hear the charge nurse in the hall, who had bee on the team, sharing with the patient next to me what I had said. his response; I've got a gun in my big red truck in the parking lot. Do you want me to get it and shoot him/' Well no she said. "Would you like for me to get it and you shoot him." Thought for a long moment. "no I guess that wouldn't be a good idea.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/4/2018
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

This is a HIPPA violation which you should report and an invasion of your medical privacy that you can sue over.You would sue the hospital and employees here.You need to do this quickly because it is getting old.

File complaint here

https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/filing-a-complaint/index.html

Lawyer referral

Nashville Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service
Website: http://lawyer-referral.nashvillebar.org/*****North, Suite 1050
Nashville, TN 37219
Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

The Nashville Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service helps individuals and businesses find an attorney in the following seven counties in middle Tennessee: Davidson County, Sumner County, Rutherford County, Robertson County, Williamson County, Cheatham County, and Wilson County.

The LRS of the Nashville Bar Association has been recognized by the American Bar Association for meeting its standards for such services. According to its website, last year the Nashville Bar Association referred over 5,000 callers requesting referrals to local attorneys that participate in the service.

Knoxville Bar Association - Lawyer Referral and Information Services (LRIS)
Website: http://www.knoxbar.org/
P.O. Box 2027
Knoxville, TN###-##-####br />Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

The Knoxville Bar Association (KBA) manages a Lawyer Referral and Information Services (LRIS). The Lawyer Referral Service in Knoxville, TN, helps individuals and businesses find an attorney in the following four counties in east Tennessee: Knox County, Anderson County, Blount County, and Sevier County.

This non-profit community based public service was established in 1958. For generations, the KBA Lawyer Referral & Information Service (LRIS) has been providing referrals to local attorneys experienced in the needed subject matter. Last year alone, it made more than 3,000 referrals.

Chattanooga Lawyers Information Provider Service
Website: ttp://www.chattanoogalaw.org/clips/home*****br />The Pioneer Building, Suite 420
Chattanooga, TN 37402

The Chattanooga Lawyers Information Provider Service ("CLIPS") is a public service managed by the Chattanooga Bar Association. The main purpose of this non-profit public service is to help individuals and businesses find an attorney throughout Chattanooga and the surrounding areas.

Attorneys that participate in CLIPS service on panels based on their experience in different subject matter practice areas. Those subject matter practice areas include: criminal defense, personal injury, administrative boards of agency, immigration, family law, divorce, business law, worker's compensation, and more.

I am so sorry this happened to you.You should pursue this and seek some justice for the violation of your medical privacy.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is mcuh appreciated.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.