I filed a civil suit for Colorado automotive repair act and…

Customer Question
Hi there- My name...

Hi there- My name is ***** ***** I filed a civil suit for Colorado automotive repair act and I was reviewing my information and I noticed I should have sent the Dealer a demand letter prior to filing. My court date is set for Feb. My question is do I cancel my court date and prepare the demand letter and file again? What are my options at this point?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And do you have a reliable court contact?

Colorado, and I don't understand your question. Should I have a reliable court contact?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes I filed the civil suit paper work and given a court date. The auto repair facility owner has been served.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/4/2018
Lawyer: Lori, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Lori
Lori, Attorney

Hello. Let me see if I can assist you. So long as the statute of limitations has not run yet (which would preclude you from re-filing), I recommend that you dismiss, serve the demand letter on the dealer and re-file the action. It is a condition precedent and they will raise to dismiss your case in Feb. Better to fix it now and get on with your case.

Statute of limitations is one year from date of repair or from date you discovered the claim (if later).

Please be sure to accept my response and post a positive rating.