My husband is trying to fire his court appionted attorney…

Customer Question
My husband is trying...

My husband is trying to fire his court appionted attorney for not doing anythung at all for him .he doednt visit him not once in 9 months he is the reason my husband ended up with a warrent and no bond once re arrested .his attorney wouldnt return any calls and we called atleast 5 times a day for a a couple weeks. The attorney told my husband he could reschedule his courtdate cause hewasnt going to be able to get to court and the attorney assured him he was fine and he would call him back with a new court date. He never did and he refused to return our calls or answer for us when we called him . he never reset the date and jacob got a warrent for FTA and tried to continue it himself but was told yis attorney had to speak to the judge to arrange it . but his attorney avoided us till he was put back in jail .now he still does nothing and doesmt evrn dispute ,no bond I havw votal info that can mame a huge difference and he wonr return my calls after promising my husband he would make sure to speak to me before court that was 3 months ago and i still havent got a response or answer when i call his secratary knkws my private information i made cleqr not to share wuth her it was structlt for the atrorney and i to discuss she says i have to talk to her if i wamt to know something .shes not bound under privavcy laws either he is and he broke them. My husband wants to represent him self out of desperation and THE JUDGE TOLD HIM HE CANT FIRE HIS ATTORNEY AND DECLAIRED HIM TO BE DOING HIS JUDGE HIS BEST GIVEN HIS CASE LOADS. IT HAS TO BW ILLEAGAL TO FORCE HIM TO HAVE A LAWYER THAT CAUSE HIM TO END UP BACK IN JAIL QITHOUT BOND AND NO CONTACT UNTIL THE MOMEMNT COURT BEGINS WITH NO TIME TO EVEN SPEAK TO EACH OTHER. HES GONNA COST MY HUSBAND HIS LIFE !! WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT IT . THANK U AND GOD BLESS

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

ARIZONA AND warrent was issued in january i think of last year. Mesa arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

On the lawyer ? Or jacob my husband? He asked the judge in court if he could fire his attorney and the judge said no that he was doing the best he could and thats good enough

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have information the police could really benefit from and i also am willing to testify against a man who murdered my best friend 12nyears ago im the only one that onows who am what happened and can helo them beat it finaly and im willing to testify only if it will significantly help my husband come home as fast as possible.jis crimes are all none violent fraid and fake money charges hes not dangerous we want to move and start over even if i jabe to be in witness protection i will if it gets him home amd a killer off the streets . what should i do .

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/4/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 6 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

A person cannot generally "fire" a court appointed attorney, only the court can remove the court appointed attorney. However, in cases of negligence or malpractice, if the client files a malpractice or complaint regarding violations of the rules of professional conduct against the attorney with the State Bar, the attorney is supposed to resign from representation based on the bar complaint.

So, that would be your husband's next step is filing a formal complaint with the state bar for malpractice and violating the rules of professional conduct for not appearing in court leading to the warrant an for the negligent representation. Once the complaint is filed, then the attorney should withdraw from representation upon receiving notice of the complaint.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.