I worked for a lady as her caregiver for nine years in April…

Customer Question
I worked for a...

I worked for a lady as her caregiver for nine years in April I took over paying their bills at that coming in and buying groceries and all of that I have the original receipt I want to give her copies of the receipts and copies of the pages that I build kit that I kept records on and they’re wanting the originals of saying I have to give them and not copies it is it OK if I give them just copies I hope this made sense

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I worked for a lady as her caregiver for nine years in April I took over paying their bills at that coming in and buying groceries and all of that I have the original receipt I want to give her copies of the receipts and copies of the pages that I build kit that I kept records on and they’re wanting the originals of saying I have to give them an not copies it is it OK if I give them just copies I hope this made sense

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes I am in cal

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That is the main questions I have others but they don’t pertain to this question

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/4/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 6 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

I worked for a lady as her caregiver for nine years in April I took over paying their bills at that coming in and buying groceries and all of that I have the original receipt I want to give her copies of the receipts and copies of the pages that I build kit that I kept records on and they’re wanting the originals of saying I have to give them and not copies it is it OK if I give them just copies

Response: No it is not okay to just give them copies. You need to give them the original receipts. You should keep the copies.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

<p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt"> <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">

Thank you for your cooperation.