Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Does a will cede a divorce degreed. Texas. If a divorce was…

Customer Question
Does a will cede...

Does a will cede a divorce degreed

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes if a divorce was granted 20 years and a party did not fulfill the agreement is the agreement still valid ie making payment according to the decree and the party did not.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
1/4/2018
Lawyer: Thelawman2, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

If you have a court order associated with a divorce, that court order overrides whatever is in a will. If you are owed something under the divorce decree, then you should be filing a claim as a creditor to the estate as part of the probate process.

Thelawman2
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney