If a person is on social security disability are they allow…

Customer Question
If a person is...

If a person is on social security disability are they allow credit cards and if so what about credit limits?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

New York lam just looking into it it is not a issue yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No not at this time

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/4/2018
Lawyer: Thelawman2, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

There is no law that would prevent you from getting a credit card, and there is nothing legally which would require you to have a certain credit limit. However, any company issuing a credit card is going to ask what your income currently is, and will base its credit limit on that income level.