I want to legally change my name. WILLISTON,ND 58801

Customer Question
I want to legally...

I want to legally change my name

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

WILLISTON,ND 58801

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

NO

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/4/2018
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

I understand you want to change your name... What is your legal question I can help with about this?

.

What is your reason for wanting to do so?

.

.

thanks

I WANT TO LEGALLY CHANGE MY NAME
03 January 2018 06:50I WANT TO LEGALLY CHANGE MY NAME

Yes, you keep saying that... Are you asking how to go about doing that?

.

And again, what is your reason for wanting to do so?

I'M Christian and my name is ***** ***** my middle name is ***** ***** I'm 100% women.
I had several races comments towards me and I feel really bad

Ok, as long as you aren't doing it to avoid law enforcement or evade creditors, then a judge will approve it.

.

You would need to file an adult name change petition at the local courthouse and then publish notice in the local paper. The clerks will schedule a hearing date where you would appear and tell the judge why you want the name change. Then he will issue an order approving it. You would then take that order to any agencies to get your official documents like driver's license, passport, SS card, etc. changed to reflect your new name.

.

The clerks should have the name change petition forms you need to fill out and file..

.

.

thanks

OK, THANK YOU

You are very welcome. Happy to help any time.

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the title and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

If you feel I have answered all your questions, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

.

.

Have a great evening!

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much