My car was involved in a accident. I live in Oregon. The…

Customer Question
My car was involved...

My car was involved in a accident. I live in Oregon. The girl that hit my car insurance company has finally got back to me and is willing to pay out claim. I own car free and clear. Does her insurance company have to pay the shop I go to or can they just pay me directly. I may fix myself and save myself some money. I provided them two estimates and told them to pay out on the lower estimate. Am I correct ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Oregon, 2005

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Accident was not filed with police. Her insurance company sent me a e-mail saying they are willing to pay out claim, but want to contact my shop. I may fix body damage myself and not go through a shop at all.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/4/2018
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 7 months ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

They can pay you directly...but they are not required to...they can require you have the shop fix it as part of the settlement.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Hi
Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Do you have more questions regarding this?

Thanks for your understanding
Phil