I’m drawing VA disability and combat related special

Customer Question
compensation. I’m going through a...
I’m drawing VA disability and combat related special compensation. I’m going through a divorce and the courts want to give her half my disability andCRSP. How do I file a Pro Se motion in Federal Court. May 15 2017 the Supreme Court passed a law the States could no longer consider it income in the States
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/3/2018
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 6 months ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Why in the world would you be filing in federal court? The federal court has NO jurisdiction over this matter...

The Supreme Court passed a law May 15,2017 stating the States can no longer consider VA Disability or or Combat Related Compensation as income in the States
Do you agree. With the Supreme Court

No...they did not pass a law...they did decide the Howell case...which is related...but that is not the same as passing a law...and it will not give the federal court jurisdiction over this matter. Did you have questions regarding the Howell case??

she is entitled to my disability and Crsp

Maybe...the Howell case is nuanced...have you read it?

Can you speak on the phone? This would allow me to address your concerns directly. There is a nominal ($5) additional charge. I do not time my phone calls...we can converse until you receive the information you need.

And it is not CRSP...it is CRSC...

Where is your practice?

I practice nationally

Where’s your office located? What’s your expertise?

My expertise is VA benefits and military law. Are you unwilling to speak on the phone? If so I am happy to opt out and allow someone else to engage with you over this matter.