Can a non custodial parent force a supervisor to get into…

Customer Question
Can a non custodial...

Can a non custodial parent force a supervisor to get into someone car if they don't feel safe and the minor has to stay with he since the non custdial parent committed domestic violence against me when I was 7 1/2 moths pregnant with the child. the non custodial parent has DVPO x 2 has run from the cops x2 in almost 2 1/2 years threatens me in front of the minor. what type of rules would you have put into a perment custody order. the order states that we can't have weapons around the minor child but he hands the minor child who is almost 2 1/2 a pocket knife to play with please help

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

NC don't know but the person from the supervisor seem to be under the influence

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I am going for sole legal and physical custody on the 30th and need to know what I can do to protect my son

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He has violated the DVPO so many times the DA is getting sick of seeing his name on the docket I am disabled but I have been the one taking care of the child since before the child was born he grabbed me by my arms threw me on the couch and attempet to strangle me I almost blacked out and then he set the couch on fire with me on it and 7 1/2 mos pregnant. He has threatened me in front of the minor child how can I protect my child

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
1/3/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

take your time

Thanks so much for your patience. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Generally, a non-custodial parent cannot force someone to get into the vehicle if they do not feel safe at all. The court orders will say with more clarity whether this is the case, but it's not specifically allowed. If you are concerned that he may commit domestic violence against the supervisor or against the child, then you can request that the court specifically modify the order such that the supervision must take place outside of his home, car, or any place that is not open to the public.

You could request that it be restricted to places like public parks, restaurants, or the mall. If you bring up his past domestic violence issues, then that will help you out considerably.

What other questions did you have for me regarding this?

is there away to keep the non custodial parent from contacting the child doctors or caretakers or even going to the childs school. he has threatened to smack me in the face if he could come down here so that he could get his way he has run from the cops 2x in almost 2.5 years. I am getting frustrated because he violates the DVPO and threatened me in front of the minor child when I was taking him for a walk. He has said that he doesn't have to follow anything they tell him if he doesn't agree with it. his family rents places around where I live and someone who knows both families has seen him come into there yard to spy on me even though there is a DVPO in place they are scared his family will throw them out on the road if they tell the courts Is there anything I can do to get the person to talk to the judge without him know who since they are scared. He has threatened to take the child so far into the woods or mountains that no one would ever see the child again the minor child has medical conditions and won't follow what the doctors says. I feel like I am being punished because I protected my son and me from him the hospital had to give me a fake name because he kept showing up even with the DVPO in place. He contacts the supervisor many times that it is about 5 inches thick just since May. The cops feel as though he had something to do with who broke into my house when we were in court a family member had the minor child and was gone from the house for 15 minutes went to get something to eat and come back and in the short time and went straight to the safe and didn't touch anything else

Yes, but the only way to keep the non-custodial parent from doing that is by getting a court order. If you have evidence that he has engaged in domestic violence in the past and if you're concerned that the more access he has, the more likely he is to engage in violence, that is going to be your best argument.

Also, if there are concerns about abduction or any kind of child endangerment, i would get a modification of that order right away. Save messages and document the dates and times that these things happen. That will serve as your best resource.

Did you have any other questions for me regarding this?

Hello, it’s been awhile since we connected so I wanted to check in with you to see if you had any further before you rated. If you have any other questions or if there is anything else I can assist you with today. Please reply here and let me know.

just let me know:-)