Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I'm not sure if you still have my information. I was asking…

Customer Question
Hello I'm not sure...

Hello I'm not sure if you still have my information. I was asking about a couple of statutes and the lean numbers that were on them? I didn't find my credit card in time and it timed out.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arizona, Maricopa County

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

According to the information that I have there is a 30 day statute number 33-992 and a mechanic lean statute number 33-933 A. Basically what my question is Candice lean force me to sell my home or if not what exactly does it mean. Also on the 30-day status they were supposed to advise me within 20 days of stopping the work and I never received any notice.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The statute numbers I gave you were listed and Maricopa County Records Office

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/4/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 month ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

They cannot force you to sell your house with a mechanic's lien. Your home has up to a $150,000 homestead exemption on the home and generally what will happen is that in order to "perfect" the mechanic's lien, they have to sue on the lien and turn it into a judgment lien. The lien remains on the property until you sell or refinance and then it has to be paid.

If they did not give you the proper notices required in the statute, you can file a petition to vacate the mechanic's lien and if you prove they did not satisfy the requirements the lien would not only be removed, but you could collect your attorney's fees and costs for having to take them to court to fight their improper lien.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney