I have a telemarketer harassing me at my business all day.

Customer Question
I have a telemarketer...

I have a telemarketer harassing me at my business all day. told them to put me on the do not call list wikth no results

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I can give you a phone number. im so mad i could sue

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I don't know who to call

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/3/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. You may have a claim under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act. Generally, you can put yourself on the do not call list that is recognized by the federal government.

The federal do not call registry allows telephone subscribers to sue for telephone advertising calls (telemarketing calls) only if the phone subscriber is registered on the do not call list and the caller violates the do not call list by calling a number listed on the do not call registry at least twice during a 365 day period.

You may want to consider just writing a cease and desist letter advising them that the TCPA prohibits them from doing this and that you may be able to collect damages as a result. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template cease and desist letter (click here). Lawyers use letters like these often to enforce their client’s rights. It only costs $10 and it is way cheaper than litigation.

Did you have any other questions for me today regarding this?

Hello, it’s been awhile since we connected so I wanted to check in with you to see if you had any further before you rated. If you have any other questions or if there is anything else I can assist you with today. Please reply here and let me know.