I have a tenant who has not paid rent since November. The…

Customer Question
I have a tenant...

I have a tenant who has not paid rent since November. The tenant was given a 3-day notice and a 3-day was sent by certified mail. What is the next step to eviction? The property is located in Inglewood, CA

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Inglewood, CA 90301

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I don't think so. I never done this before and I'm trying to it properly and legally. Thank you.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/3/2018
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 6 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed California attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Answer: After serving the notice, if the tenant has not vacated the premises within the 3-day period, then you must file an unlawful detainer suit against the tenant. There will be a hearing at which the tenant may present evidence to dispute the eviction. However, an eviction for non-payment of rent does not require a reason for the eviction, just failure to pay, and therefore will be granted by the court. Once the court has ruled in your favor, you can serve the tenant with a writ of possession and request the assistance of the sheriff's office to evict the tenant.

Rating & Additional Questions: Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please do not rate my service. Please ask me as many questions as you need, until you feel I have earned an excellent rating. There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.