Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Is it legal to work as an insurance agent salesman for an…

Is it legal to work...
Is it legal to work as an insurance agent salesman for an agency in another state if the insurance company is authorized in the state I am in? Or does that agency need a certificate of authority in the state I am in?
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/3/2018
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

The agency would need a certificate of authority in the state that you are in.It allows them to operate legally in that state.They can do this and then you would be legal to sell policies there.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you Ray!

Have a great day here.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You too!
Ray, Lawyer