Ipurchased a used car.dealer said car had no faults. he said…

Customer Question
ipurchased a used car.dealer said...
ipurchased a used car.dealer said car had no faults. he said mileage would be 17 city 27 highway. lincoln motor co sent letter stating car had faulty air bags, and no one should ride in front passenger seat till repairs are made. fuel mileage is 18 highway and 10 city. do i have any options against the dealer?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
1/3/2018
Lawyer: Thelawman2, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

In order to sue the dealer, what you would need to demonstrate is that he committed fraud during the sale of the car to you. This would mean that he knew about the issues with the air bag before selling it or that the fuel mileage he told you was incorrect. This could be a little difficult unless you sue him and during discovery (where you request documents and other materials), you find that he has an email or letter that demonstrates he knew he was lying to you.

And unfortunately, North Dakota's lemon law does not apply to used cars.