Is there any legal statute in Florida as to how a patient…

Customer Question
Is there any legal...

Is there any legal statute in Florida as to how long a patient can be detained in an ER before they're transferred to a room or different facility?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I'm just questioning whether a statute exists in Florida. I know there is one in my home state of Wisconsin

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/3/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 6 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

There is no such local statute. In Florida it is a matter of internal policy and practically, a matter of availability. I hope that is fast and clear and responsive to your question.

Thank you.

very welcome. Kindly rate me 5 stars. the rating button should be at the top of the page or can reply back "5 stars"