The question I have if a insurance company gives you a check…

Customer Question
Good morning the question...

Good morning the question I have if a insurance company gives you a check to get hail damage fix on your car and the car did not get fix and now you are In an accident and the car is total and they take that amount off the car the car was worth 5,9606 and the claim 2yrs ago was 4,900 and they are just paying the car off with 696.00 can they use that this is 2 different claims

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

TEXAS...2013 AND HAS OVER HUNDRED THOUSAND MILES

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

FILED WITH INSURANCE YES AND THEY CAME BACK AND SAID ITS A TOTAL LOSS MORE TO FIX THAN WHAT CAR IS WORTH AND THE CAR IS NOT PAID FOR

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/3/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks for your patience. If I understand your situation correctly, you're saying you had a check to fix the hail damage, the car was totaled, and now they want to pay you out very little as a result?