Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Is there a lawyer that can review a short contract for a…

Is there a lawyer that...
Is there a lawyer that can review a short contract for a loan and just give me an idea that there is nothing suspect in the contract.
1/3/2018
Richard, Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good morning. Could you attach the document for me? Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, I pretty much understand the interest rates, payment, unsecured loan, etc. Just want to make sure there's nothing hidden that may cause issues later. Thx.

Good morning. This is a pretty standard loan agreement. Of course, it is heavily biased toward the lender, but not unusual. There really are no "gotcha's" as long as you pay on time. I will say that I was surprosed at the origination fee of 5%. That's really high. And, you want to be aware that if you are late, you want to make sure you pay the late charges immediately as any later payments are first applied to those. Borrowers can get into trouble by not making sure late penalties are paid because their payments don't get applied to the loan first and thus they are accruing late payments every month because their payments are not made in full. Finally, I never like arbitration requirements, but if you want the loan, you pretty much have to accept them because banks rarely waive them. Otherwise, you should be fine.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Richard, Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Great, that's what I needed to know. Thx!

You're very welcome! It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legalbeacon/ . Or, simply request “Richard only” in the first line of your question.

Thank you so much for the 5-star rating! I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate you taking the extra time!

Richard, Attorney