Verbally, mentally and physically abusive roommate; also…

Customer Question
Verbally, mentally and physically...

Verbally, mentally and physically abusive roommate; also refuses to quit smoking although I have asthma and it has caused me to suffer from pneumonia

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I called the police about the smoking and I've told the landlord about the abuse. He's also locking me out of parts of the house on which I pay rent!

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Oh yes, I've had to take at least three breathing treatments because of second-hand smoke

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
1/3/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Did you know that your roommate is a smoker when you agreed to live together?

What has your Landlord proposed to do about the situation?

Thank you for your cooperation,