What do I need to do or try to find out or who I can call to…

Customer Question
What do I need to...
What do I need to do or try to find out or who I can call to find out if my husband put a camera and a recorder inside the house.We are going through a divorce
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/3/2018
Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 6 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Cameras and recorders would emit radio waves that you may be able to pick up electronically. They tend to be above what the human ear can pick up. An RF detector would allow you to sweep the home looking for anything emitting radio signals. Before doing that, you could try walking around the house yourself and listening for a hum, click, or buzz. If someone installed cameras that are motion sensitive, you should hear them click on.

If you think he may have installed something behind a mirror, try turning off the lights and shining a flashlight around the mirror. That may allow you to see it.

It is illegal to place cameras inside your home without your consent, so if you find anything, you can report him to the police.

If you have any questions or concerns, please reply WITHOUT RATING so I may address them. My goal is to provide you with excellent customer service. Otherwise, please rate my answer positively so I get credit for assisting you today. Mobile users may have to scroll to the right. Thank you.

I know there’s a motion when you go inside it’s been there before but my worries is .if he puts a camera or a recorder inside the house. I don’t know how to find it or how to do it

Any of the options listed above should help you find it. If you know it's there but are having trouble pinpointing where it's installed, the RF device may help.

Where can I buy one

Any place that sells electronics should have them. I know they sell them on sites like Amazon.

It's also possible to hire an electornic bug sweep service in your area.

Do you have any other questions about this?