My wife file domestic violence against me for hitting her…

Customer Question
My wife file domestic...

My wife file domestic violence against me for hitting her yesterday January1, 2018 while I was not at home the whole day and night as I was in my friend house celebrating the New Year eating, drinking until midnight. I sleep in my friend's apartment and went at 7:00 am because I have to go to work. When I went home this morning my wife was not there, I dressed up and went to work. Now my friend called my and told me that there are police waiting for me because y wife filed a domestic violence case against me, The reason maybe is because she always asking money from me where most of the time I refused because I am the one paying the rent, utilities and doing weekly groceries, she never give her share and her money from SSI and other in under the table job were being sent to her daughters in the Philippines.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Los Angeles, California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I think so because I am at present in the office and my friend only told me by phone looking for me because she filed a case against me which is a lie just to harass me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I never have any case in my life and I don't know what todo.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/3/2018
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

If she has reported you and the police are looking for you, you need to contact a local criminal defense attorney. Even though you have an alibi, you should not talk to the police about this without a lawyer. The lawyer will protect your rights. Without one, anything you say to the police, even what you think is helpful to you can be twisted and used against you if the police still believe your wife's allegations.

You should avoid your wife and your home at this time until you have a lawyer who can tell you how he or she wants you to handle this.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney