My mother has a trust that names me her executor and power…

Customer Question
My mother has a...

My mother has a trust that names me her executor and power of attorney. Over the next few years, I will be funding her in-home care with the expectation that when her home is sold, I will be a second mortgage holder and, if funding is sufficient, I will be paid back with some small amount of interest. I have 3 siblings and want this to be done as transparently as possible. I'm confused about how to document the loan, given the trust. Do you have any advice?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The trust was established in 2000 and is on file, but nothing related to the loan

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/3/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 6 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Are you seeking to be repaid by the trust? Can the trust be amended to include priority repayment of your advance payments?
Awaiting your reply, thank you!