We are couple in eighties and nineties with high credit card…

Customer Question
We are couple in...

We are couple in eighties and nineties with high credit card balance and low income, needing to evaluate bankruptcy ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can,t think of anything

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/2/2018
Lawyer: Lori, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Lori
Lori, Attorney

You may wish to consider bankruptcy as you may qualify based on the means test. However, you need to evaluate your assets. Do you have any assets that a creditor may attempt to seize or lien? Do you own a home?

If you do not have an attachable assets and each of the credit cards are your individual name (in other words, not joint names on both cards), then your credit card company will have nothing to go after if you stop paying. May not be worth the hefty filing fee of a Chapter 7 bankruptcy.

Hope that helps. Please remember to accept my response so I get credit of providing assistance.