I need a pro se form to response to a Petition to Establish…

Customer Question
I need a pro...

I need a pro se form to response to a Petition to Establish Custody, Support, and Visitation. I missed the 20 day deadline but if we include being served by US Mail and exclude week-ends and holidays I will just barely make it

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Iowa and the E-file was done Sunday, December 3 at 10:36 p.m.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

An Order for Hearing on temporary custody rights is scheduled January 22, 2018 by phone

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am writing this legal document for my niece who is dead-butt poor and don't have time to really chat. I just need a sample of a pro se form to be filed in district court in response to the petition filed.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/2/2018
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

If you file immediately you may be within the time fram. You can also file a Motion for Additional Time to Respond if you can not get your document together in time. But there can be risks if it is not granted.

If this is the initial complaint for Custody you need to respond to each numbered paragraph. You can answer as follows for each allegation:

1) Admit

2) Deny

3) Lack information to Admit or Deny

4) Paragraph is a conclusion for which nor response is required, but is denied.

You can use this form as a guide (It is from Nevada so you need to modify it for your Court, but the format is good and it will serve your needs:

http://www.familylawselfhelpcenter.org/images/forms/custody/custody-answer-pdf.pdf

This is an excellent guide also from Nevada:

http://www.familylawselfhelpcenter.org/self-help/custody-paternity-child-support/responding-to-custody-or-paternity-case/136-completing-filing-the-answer-counterclaim

Here are IOWA resources as well. You should follow the IOWA lay out but you can use the other guides to help you work through this.

If this is a Petition to Modify you can use the form here:

http://www.iowafathers.com/forms/Sample_Answer_Modification.doc

Here are some additional resources that may be helpful to you:

http://iowafathers.org/forms/default2.html

https://www.legis.iowa.gov/docs/ACO/CourtRulesChapter/09-29-2017.17.pdf

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

You have been extremely helpful. Let get some things done and I may get back to you.

That is fine. Good luck.

Kind regards,

Gerald

(Please do not forget to rate me – click the five stars. It adds nothing additional to your costs, but it helps me greatly. Plus it is good Karma for you. Thank you.)

one last quick question -Can you respond as to why you disagree?

Yes.

You can add a section called Counterclaim and write your own allegations and demands. Follow the format of the complaint but add "Counterclaim" to the bottom of your response.

Thank you so much Gerald. God Bless you and have a very good new year! Mary
You too. Thank you.