Is it possible to lien a motorcycle if the bank doesn’t

Customer Question
Is it possible to...

Is it possible to lien a motorcycle if the bank doesn’t recover it after a bankruptcy. Meaning I filed chapter 7 and they (the finance co.) were notified but they never attempted to recover it, now I want them to pay storage fees from discharge to current or until resolved.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?

I’m in California but motorcycles was registered in Arizona.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The bankruptcy was filed in Riverside CA. and, filed by an attorney

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just is there a lawyer that can file it or is it self done?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/2/2018
Lawyer: Lori, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Lori
Lori, Attorney

In who's name is ***** *****? If it is in your name still, you cannot put a lien on a vehicle you own.

Can the owner of the house its being stored?

Yes, but the storage lien will be behind the finance co.'s lien (if that is ok). the process is pretty complicated so you may want to consult with a local attorney.

Here's a helpful guide on mechanic liens:

https://bizfluent.com/how-7510906-file-unpaid-auto-repairs-arizona.html

Hope that helps.

Please remember to accept the response and post a positive rating so I get credit for assisting you today.