My wife was recently threatened to sign a document of debt…

Customer Question
My wife was recently...

My wife was recently threatened to sign a document of debt from a business partner that had purchased my wife's accounting business and still owed her 75,000. My wife went into another business with him and he decided to bail from the new business, of course he wanted his money invested back so he stated that if my wife did not sign the financial document that he owed her the difference she would never get a dime from him because nothing was in his name

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Oregon

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

A collection agency has contacted her recently

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/2/2018
Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

My recommendation would be to file a breach of contract action. That would essentially stop any collection attempts from continuing.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions, otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.

good luck.