Well not sure. I had a contractor pour a concrete slab. Then…

Customer Question
Well not sure. I...

Well not sure. I had a contractor pour a concrete slab. Then when I had a building inspector come check to see what I need to do before building. Found out that the contractor didn't treat for termites or put footers in. I emailed contractor no luck in resolving. Filed a complaint with the BBB and no resolve there either. the contractor didn't even answer the complaint so the BBB closed out the complaint. Everything was done orally. What can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Hahira, GA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I filed with the Better Business Bureau and I am going to file with the Secretary of State but they said I should also seek legal advice.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only that this was all orally done and that the contractor has been in business for over 30 years and we assumed he knew the codes for pouring a cement pad for a shed.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/2/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 6 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

How much are your damages roughly?

Awaiting your reply, thank you!