I went to prove and gave in to paying alimony. Since this…

Customer Question
I went to prove...

I went to prove and gave in to paying alimony. Since this time I have crunched the numbers and will not be able to provide my kids a safe living space (lower income locaitons). I am the defendant. Can this be changed?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Tx

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I supposed. We went in front of the change and under oath agreed to the changes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

*in front of the judge

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/2/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 6 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

If you discovered there has been a significant change in financial circumstances, then you can go to court to ask the court to change it based on your change in financial circumstances now changing again. Without a change ordered by the court, you have to keep paying as you were ordered.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.