Resolution regarding renewal lease payment of a tenant was…

resolution regarding renewal lease payment...
resolution regarding renewal lease payment of a tenant was adopted on /9/16 Tenant was in place before than ,,, so am I exempt to the new payment gridline's
resolution regarding renewal lease payment of a tenant was adopted on /9/16 Tenant was in place before than ,,, so am I exempt to the new payment guidelines
1/2/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! Thanks for requesting me. Ok, so could you describe for me the payment gridlines? i want to make sure you and I are on the same page.

the resolution states that all tenant must have a 1 year lease ,,, my tenant has been there for two year there first initial lease expired , we never did an official renewal or updated lease

I see what you mean. If there was no lease, then the party is a month to month tenant. If the resolution states that they must have a lease, but they do not have one, then the payment gridlines will not apply to you. Even if they have been staying there for two years, unless you and the other party agreed to have another lease, then the month to month tenancy supersedes. Does that help?

lets be clear .. The fact that my tenant was in place before the resolution was created exempts me from there association guidelines of that resolution for this particular tenant
I believe the fact that the tenant stopped becoming a lease holder after the first lease was up exempts you from the resolution.
Does that make more sense?
Legal Eagle, Lawyer
It does