Ilive in Lake Havasu City ,Az. I HAVE BEEN MISBILLED FOR…

Customer Question
Ilive in Lake Havasu...

Ilive in Lake Havasu City ,Az. I HAVE BEEN MISBILLED FOR WATER USAGE AND THEY ARE THREATING TO SHUT OFF THE WATER. I HAVE SHOWED THEM THAT THE WATER METER IS MISREADING, BUT THET INSIST I PQID THE BILL. THIS HAS HAPPEN TWO MONTH IN A ROW:OCT ND NOV. I AM GOING TO PAY THEM AND TRY TO RECOVER ING SMALL CLAIMS COURT. iS THIS DOABLE OR COST EFFECTIVE. I AM WORKING ON SHOWING WITH PICTURES THAT THE METER IS MISREADING.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

ARIZONA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

NO

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I AM READY TO ANSWER MORE QUESTIONS

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
1/2/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks so much for your patience. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

This appears to be a classic breach of contract if you paid the amount that you owe and the higher amount was not a result of your using the increased water. A breach of contract just simply means that one party was obligated to perform and they have either have not performed or have said that they will not perform. Typically, the aggrieved party is entitled to be returned to the same position they were in before the breach. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for advising of a breach of contract. It's a bit easier (and cheaper) than going through litigation and I have seen it be effective in the past. If this doesn’t work, sadly, the only other option is to either go through an informal mediation or file a lawsuit in your local court. This website is also pretty cool because you can download the forms right after purchasing. Click here to get started.

What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?