Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I sent a question a few minutes ago and got disconnected.

Customer Question
I sent a question...

I sent a question a few minutes ago and got disconnected

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

North Carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No did you get the info on the harassment by police and my exes wife, etc?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
1/2/2018
Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you so much
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m waiting for someone to bring my phone, so I can’t call yet,, when I was falsely arrested , my friend took my computer and phone out to keep it safe

I am not sure what you are asking. Are you looking for file a complaint against the Police for false arrest? Are you looking to sue your friend who is not returning your belongings?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m being harassed, me and my mother..my friends from other countries have received threats from her directly...., I had put a post on my wall on Facebook about how unfair my first custody case was as a pro se defendant. And then suddenly today my landlord comes by and said “ have you been on Facebook?” And then said I have to be out today,

Your landlord cannot evict you without a court order. If you are being harassed by someone physically, you can obtain a restraining order against the person.

Does that answer your questions? If so, let me know. If not, let me know your other questions.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s confusing I know...there are so many factors to this case but it all stems from my exes wife who has connections with the police and court system and I don’t even have a lawyer, I can’t afford one. Also can I file a suit about continued harassment and intimidation by police . They park across the street and then when I keavev, they follow me and stop me and try and find a reason to arrest me. I’m scared to leave my home

Is it the whole Police Department that is harassing you or just certain Officers of the Police Department?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s different officers, so I guess it’s the whole department. We are a small town, the good old boy system here

You would want to file a complaint. For example, in Durham, the Internal Affairs Unit, which is part of the Professional Standards Division, investigates resident complaints and administrative rule violations alleged against police personnel and reports the results of such investigations to the Chief of Police; and advocates resident and administrative complaints at department hearings and boards.

I am not sure where you are in North Carolina but you can call Durham's Department and they could give you the number where you would call in your location.

Telephone the Internal Affairs Unit at(###) ###-#### Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Let me know if this answers your questions at the moment. If not, you can continue to ask questions.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I live in Kill Devil Hills. Part of the Outer Banks

You can call the Police Department to say you want to file a complaint. The number is(###) ###-#### I am not sure if it has an internal affairs unit. If you feel uncomfortable to call them, possibly try Durnam first, just to see what they have to say about what you should do.

Have I answered all your questions at the moment? If so, let me know. If not, we can continue.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have one more issue, the part of my custody case. I know you hear this all the time but I am innocent of all the accusations my exes wife has spread about me through court and in the community. She says I am an IV drug abuser, I never have used needles and in my lifetime I have only experimented with marijuana but that was as a teen. She’s also saying that I didn’t take good care of my son and in custody court.. because I am an israeli activist, they said I was advocating terrorists and that I was trying to have israeli secret service kill her, it’s been outrageous. I don’t get to talk or see or even get pictures of him for 3 years and I can’t get an attorney,I love my son and they are telling him lies . Ievn got a psychological evaluation and wanted drug testing for all of us. They read the exam in court and it says nothing hinders me from taking care of my child. The judge refused drug ets I suspect because everyone in town knows he deals marijuana
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was pro se and his lawyer and the judge kept going back in chambers and wouldn’t allow me in
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am being kept from my son and I really have done nothing to deserve this

Thank you for the additional information. You could attempt to get supervised visitation possibly in the short run until you get more rights. Judge usually allows it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don’t think you understand what’s going on, when I had visitation, they would not abide by the orders and the judge sided with him because he has an attorney and i don’t and his attorney used to work with the judge so they are friends. There is no reason for me not to see him but every time I try to petition the judge to allow me to talk to him at least, she says I’m severly mentally unstable despite psychologists and psychiatrist saying otherwise, she is solely basing her decisions on what my ex and his wife, who I only knew of when my son told me that his father had been taking him out on dates with her. She sends me messages saying how much my son loves her and not me and I need to get help and she sent me a pic of a tattoo showing that she had otter his name on her back. She sends me pictures of my son sending her a card for mother’s day with the word Mom on it and flowers, they have completely cut me out of his life and scared him half to death, telling him if he attempts to talk to home he will get in trouble and I’ll go to jail. She posts messages saying she can’t wait until I’m behind bars in jail so she can finally live her life. My ex took everything from me while I was in the hospital including my son and while I was in there , he got an ex parte order as he drained our bank accounts and tried moving her into my home
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is not the first time from what I understand that she has used her connections with the courts and police to get what she wants
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the judge is unlikely to rule ANYTHING in my favor. And no other lawyer will touch the case because his lawyer tells them these same lies about me and she knows all of them. I am desperate to see the son that I solely raised for 12 years and he was taken from me simply because this woman knew that my ex wouldn’t take her in unless she could take care of Daniel, my son! And they use my medical conditions against me ..I have tics in my face from being in a coma for 2-3 weeks and a stroke so I have a slur to my voice and f I’m nervous I get tics and it’s hard to even talk, they are painful. I had to learn to walk, talk and swallow even again after the coma but I survived with these conditions, which I cope with every day but it’s hard not to cry every day, I miss him so much and nobody gives me a reason for me not seeing my son except these false accusations that they cannot prove and the judge just accepts what they say
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do I not have the right to even know who is taking care of my son? This is outrageous . This is
MY son and the courts just took him and basically handed him over to a woman I don’t even know
I understand. I am sorry to hear all this.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is the response I get every time. It’s frustrating. I want to fight this but I don’t know how and it’s just me and my mother. I understand why you ant give me an newer really, because nobody wants to get involved

I understand your frustration. Just Answer is not a law firm. It cannot represent you. We went over all of your questions and I have answered them. If I were able to help you further, I would.

Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney