Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I had a rhinoplasty surgery in June of 2016. I had a

Customer Question
recovery that was not normal...
I had a rhinoplasty surgery in June of 2016. I had a recovery that was not normal as I had the surgery a second time December 18 2017 without the awful recovery I went through the first time. I started to notice as I was healing the the right side of my nose was clasped and It was hard for me to breath as I did the surgery to fix my breathing issue. I went to my doctor with this concern but he said my nose was just swollen and not to worry. Several months later he closed down his practice for medical reasons. I was not even close to healing yet and needed a doctor. I found another doctor about 1 year later who did verify that the right side of my nose was clasping along with many other issues that no reasonable surgeon would do. My nose started to fall apart and I had to have a second surgery using rib grafts to rebuild my entire nose fixing everything the last surgeon did including fixing my breathing. Wanted to know if I have a case here or not. I can give more details if needed.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
1/2/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

This to me sounds like a classic case of medical malpractice, more commonly known as negligence by a medical practitioner. Negligence simply means that there was a duty that the other party owed and they breached that duty in some way. What is most important is that it is proven that the defendant breached their duty of care because that is what mostly determines whether there is a cause of action. Basically, the question is, “Did the defendant’s actions fall below the standard of care for a reasonable person in a similar situation?” If the answer to that question is yes, then there is negligence and you are entitled to damages. Damages can be difficult to calculate, but if you click here you can use a calculator help you understand.

You may be able to collect on some things like the cost it takes to repair the rhinoplasty plus your pain and suffering. You may want to consider a local personal injury attorney to assist. Did you have any other questions for me regarding this?

Hello, just checking to see if you are still available.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer