I have a friend that has a First American Home Warranty on…

Customer Question
I have a friend...

I have a friend that has a First American Home Warranty on his air and heating unit outside . He lives in Vero Beach ,Florida. There have been two different companies that told him that the same problem was wrong with the unit, but, the problem is the unit cannot be fixed as the unit is to old, now they are saying that they are going to give him only about $711. they cost he was given to replace it was $3850 and the other was around $4000 but no actual estimate. They also are telling him that he has to pay for it out of pocket and they will replace it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet he is an older gentleman

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/2/2018
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 6 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

I am sorry to hear about this situation. So in short, the company is not fulfilling their warranty obligation. Correct?