My husband died December 12 of last year 2017 in woodland…

Customer Question
My husband died December...

My husband died December 12 of last year 2017 in woodland park, co. I am totally lost and do not know who to trust or what to do. We own a home together.. do i need to get a probate attorney or a company that can handle all this?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Filed or reported where?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What needs to be filed or reported?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
1/2/2018
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Yes you need a local probate lawyer to make application for probate and be appointed the personal representative.You are then able to transfer property, gather assets, pay his debts, etc.This process takes about 6 months.

Lawyer for you here

https://www.coloradoestateplanning.com/?adSubId=1811357

A second one just in case

https://www.thehugheslawfirm.net/?adSubId=2746048

If you have a will they will probate it, if not they will open intestate(means no will) probate.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is always much appreciated.

I wanted to thank you again and thanks for rating 5 stars at top of page .Your business is much appreciated.