I was convicted of a 5 and 6 dui in April of 2017 senticed…

Customer Question
I was convicted of...

I was convicted of a 5 and 6 dui in April of 2017 senticed to 1 year on each count licence suspension of 2.5 years dmv says im not edgibile for a occupational license till October 2019 is there any thing i can do to change that

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I live in Cleveland Wisconsin

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not as of yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just wondering how or what i need to do to get my driving privileges revised

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
1/2/2018
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Ok thank you

In general, after a waiting period of 120 days, you can appeal your denial of an occupational license by filing a petition in the circuit court in the county where you reside. You can read about this and see what you must include in the petition here.

Unfortunately, that avenue would not be open to you if you have two different suspensions or revocations from two separate incidents within a one year period. If that is the case, there is nothing more you can do than to wait out the suspension period. There is no further provision for any other kind of an emergency license in your state.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news and would ask you to kindly not shoot the messenger.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney