My daughters mother has custody of our daughter and is not…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** my daughters mother has custody of our daughter and is not allowing me to see or talk to her. What do I do? It’s been Three weeks since I have been able to talk to her?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I called the courts and they won’t help. Gave me a number to call but no response so I’m trying to figure what can I do ? Who do I repirtvthis too?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have to take a drug test before I can get my visitation and can’t do it now but I thought by law I still have the right to talk to her? She had blocked me from any contact

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
1/2/2018
Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your family law question today in Texas. I'm attorney Bill assisting you with your custody difficulty. If you have been granted visitation by the court, denial of this right by the custodial parent is an offense that would land the mother in contempt of court; if the mother has full custody and you haven't yet been granted visitation you will need to petition the family court for visitation rights or a modification of the current custody agreement.

Either way you will need to file a petition with the family court to enforce or gain rights.

If you cannot afford a lawyer there are limited amounts of pro bono services offered in Texas that can assist you with your application.

https://texaslawhelp.org/

https://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Can_t_Afford_an_Attorney_

We are here to help, so please follow up with me as required.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback today to get a credit for my time.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

So I hope you rate FIVE STARS today.

Thanks

Attorney Bill