Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I sold my home. Closing was set for 12/29. Realtor changed…

Customer Question
I sold my home...

I sold my home. Closing was set for 12/29. Realtor changed the closing to 12/28 with one day notice. After closing both realtors and their families came to my house and threw my belongings in yard and driveway. I am 66 years old and disabled.I would have been moved out in plenty of time if they hadn't changed the closing date on me with 1 day notice

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

My realtor now wants me to sign a document for mortgage company stating that I agreed to close on 12/28 and I did not agree to that. Should I sign document after the pain,stress, physical disability,suffering that I went through. My mortgage company was under the impression that closing was on January 8. I need advice as soon as possible

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Like what for example

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, I want to sue both realtors for forcing me to closing early and then come to my home and throw my stuff out in yard. It took me 4 days to find my medication that I take daily. I am laid up,can hardly walk due to what the realtor and there family did to me

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
1/2/2018
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 month ago

I wouldn't sign anything here.Unless they cover your losses here you don't want to agree to this.You have right to sue here for them putting your stuff out.Certainly you can file a professional complaint against both and sue them both.I wouldn't agree with anything they want you to sign to cover this up.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 month ago

If you give me your state I can get you more information here about suing in small claims and filing a complaint as well.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok will talk to my mortgage company that represents me and tell them I did not agree to the realtor terms. I live in Florida
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I live in Florida
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 month ago

File complaints here

https://www.wikihow.com/File-a-Complaint-Against-a-Realtor-in-Florida

Small claims to sue them here

http://www.flclerks.com/?HDI_Small_Claim_Case

I hope you consider both.This is terrible what they did to you.

Thanks again and thanks for rating 5 stars when we are done.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 month ago

I wanted to thank you again and thanks for rating 5 stars at top of page .Your business is much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer