I need to know how to get my daughters father to quit making…

Customer Question
I need to know...

I need to know how to get my daughters father to quit making false reports to cps and the police

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Nebraska and the most recent was two weeks ago from cps and friday the cops came

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

By me?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He sent pics of himself with two officers saying good luck remember this day i have a surprise and the police say he has screenshots from the father of my facebook messenger which is probably just a fake profile he made

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
1/1/2018
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

You can't really "make" someone quit making false accusations but, after a certain period of time, CPS will realize that a person continues to make false allegations - and perhaps put less stock in them. You could also potentially file a motion in family court to compel the court to make the person stop filing accusations - although if they're filed anonymously it's obviously quite difficult to enforce.

Hi. Can you please confirm that you received the last response I sent to you.

Is there anything else I can answer for you?

I did, and I guess could I possibly charge him with harassment using law enforcement agencies? He has also threatened to have his wife sit outside my house to watch me if I am home, they have admitted to following me home, I guess I don't see how legally he can continue to get away with calling CPS and the police over and over and over again. There has to be something out there that protects me as a victim.

If you file for a restraining order against him and his wife, that will prevent him from carrying out his threat to have his wife sit outside your home and/or following you home. If you have anything in writing that would be really helpful - but I realize most people don't write such stuff down.

Nebraska is a one party consent state so if your ex makes threatening statement s over the phone or via text you can use those against him.