Two supervisors had a meeting with a disgruntled employee.

Customer Question
Two supervisors had a...

Two supervisors had a meeting with a disgruntled employee. The purpose was to amend his job duties. We told him to take the documents home and think about it for a week and then let us know. One of the supervisors recorded the meeting

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Two days later, we heard a rumor that the employee had tolf people that we fired him in order to get sympathy

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Oregon

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Since we had not fired him, and had a recording, we decided to terminate him for lying to others in order to turn them against the leadership. We were told by his family that it was not legal to record him

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
1/1/2018
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

Based on what I have been able to find Oregon is a one party consent state for telephone/electronic communications. Were the communications remote - or in person?