Once again my computer has been hacked. I don't know what I…

Customer Question
Once again my computer...

Once again my computer has been hacked. I don't know what I am doing wrong. This time I was told this man represented Microsoft and was very concerned about all the viruses and other things that were on my computer. I thought I could trust him (he was the 2nd man from Microsoft that contacted me) and not to talk to anyone but him. He ended up taking complete control of my computer for 2 days. He wanted to charge me $400 for his services but I told him there was no way I had that much money to pay for anything like this. Then he offered me a job working for him. He needs someone to receive money orders from all over the world to cash them and send the money to him and his business and I would be paid out of the money received. The money would be coming from all over the world. Right now I only have use of my computer on the weekend, it needs to be repaired and I don't have the money to fix it, I am afraid he is monitoring everything going through this machine, he is monitoring my bank account and my monthly income will be deposited next week. I don't know what to do, if there is anything that can be done, or what. I also am an ailing senior citizen. Is there anything you can suggest?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I AM IN cIOLORADO

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I AM IN cOLORADO

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/1/2018
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

So, the best thing to do would be to take your computer to a place like Best Buy or Staples where they have trained staff that can get rid of any viruses or monitoring services. In general, if someone EVER tells you not to talk to anyone but them they are up to no good. You were not talking to someone from Microsoft - you were talking to a scammer.

Hi. Can you please confirm that you received the last response I sent to you.

Is there anything else I can answer for you?