I accidently hit our garage with my truck. Did some damage…

Customer Question
I accidently hit our...

I accidently hit our garage with my truck. Did some damage to garage. MY wife took my keys to my truck and gave it to my son. Is that leagal?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?

Washington state 2002

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No she just said no more driving for me and gave my truck that is in my name to my son.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/1/2018
Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Your wife cannot legally prevent you from driving on her own. If your license is revoked by the state, etc., then you certainly wouldn't have the privilege any longer.

You can demand that your keys be returned to you....and if they refuse, you could get a new set of keys made or even file a civil claim in small claims court to recover your keys.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!