My ex took a picture of me last night at a NYE party. I had…

Customer Question
Second opinion] My ex...

Second opinion] My ex took a picture of me last night at a NYE party. I had been drinking - however, he just showed pictures he took to my daughter. i was not aware the picture was taken until she told me.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NC I feel he defamed me to my daugthter= she is 18

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No i just found out about it

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What can i do if anything.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/1/2018
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 6 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Good afternoon. Can you please clarify what your issue is?
I wanted to know how can i get those pictures and prevent him from sharing those on social media, with friends. He showed my 18 year old dtr.
Thank you for the reply. You would need a court order. To obtain one there has to be a legal basis to support it. There is nothing wrong or illegal about the photo being taken if you are in public and were at a party and now that the child is an adult and no longer a minor there is nothing stopping him from showing her. I know this is not ideal but his attempt to show your daughter you were drinking is not illegal at this point.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!