Just gotten married a prenup was made and I found out that…

Customer Question
Just gotten married a...

Just gotten married a prenup was made and I found out that the agreement that was spoken about on my be half was not add to the agreement maybe cause the person that was drawing the agreement up is related to my wife without me knowing isn’t that a conflict of interest???

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any conflict of interest been documented or proven?

Well they are related

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I truly believe it was filed

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How soon will I be contacted

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/1/2018
Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Richard, Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good morning. Yes, indeed it was.

A conflict of interest is a situation in which a person or organization is involved in multiple interests, one of which COULD POSSIBLY corrupt the motivation of the individual or organization. The presence of a conflict of interest is INDEPENDENT of the ACTUAL occurrence of impropriety. Rather, a conflict of interest is a set of circumstances that CREATES A RISK that professional judgment or actions regarding a one interest COULD BE UNDULY INFLUENCED by a second interest. This is clearly the situation in your case. And it should have been disclosed to you so you could then have decided to seek impartial counsel to represent you.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

what’s my next step if ever needed in case of separation of marriage

Thanks for following up. You don't want to sit on this. You should bring it up now and demand that the pre-nup be revised to address your specific concerns. I would suggest you have independent counsel review it on your behalf. If they don't agree to do this voluntarily, I would let them know you will be filing a formal ethics complaint against the party that drafted the agreement and seeking a declaratory judgment from the court declaring the pre-nup invalid due to the failure of disclosure.

Just following up. My screen indicates that you have not reviewed my response. Please let me know if you did not receive it so I can re-send it if necessary. Thank you! Richard