Happy new year. My parents had a trust bank account at wells…

Customer Question
Happy new year Lawyer's...

Happy new year

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Same to you!

My parents had a trust bank account at wells fargo bank in 2009. When my mother died and left me trustee of the trust, someone went into wells fargo bank, and gave them enough of my idenity documents, (idenity thieft) and wells fargo gave them a check for $27,000.00 and another cashiers check for $17,000.00 the thief walked out of the bank with $48,000.00 of my money and i never got it back. I hired a San Francisco lawyer from the firm Hallinan and Hallinan to get the money back by tracing it. They hired a account firm by the name of Henry Levy in Oakland, California to do the accounting which he did, which I paid for.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Henry Levy's accounting firm came up with the documents for the account.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Henry Levy said that I had so much money in multiple accounts, I forgot that I spent it which was a lie. His firm confirmed that on that day, someone did go into wells fargo and take the money out of the account. But they claim it was me, but it was the identity thief.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/1/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 6 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

I am sorry, but what is your question for us about this issue, as we cannot alter the findings?

What is the statute of limitations in identify thieft in the state of California? How should I go about getting my $48,000 back from wells fargo . ? I submitted them a fraud claim over a year ago. Also question number II. I was married for 4 years a woman named Linda Gail Cooks at #1 Pico Avenue, San Francisco, California 94127. During the marriage which lasted for 4 years, I gave my wife an allowance of $5,000.00 per month. The first year I gave her $60,000.00 cash for paying our bills. Second year it added up to $120,000.00. Third year $180,000.00 4 th year another $60,000.00 in cash total $240,000.00 put into my wifes hands to share my money with her. During that time she collected disability payments from social security for the entire 4 years. Also she had a job at the San Francisco Unified School District ( where my mother retired from) where she got checks from them also. During that 4 years my X wife Linda Gail Cooks did not report any of the cash income I gave her to the Social Security Administration. From February 2012 to September2016 she got paid my me, the school, and ssi disability. This is called Social Security Disability Fraud. Or another view of it GRAND THIEFT. Is is possible to recover a fraction of this money which I worked for. My wife did not work one day the entire 4 years I was married to her. I divorced her in 2016. She was a speaker in the Roman Catholic Church for many years. I married her because I thought she had Christian Values. She was the biggest liar in the church. My lawyers divorced us on the grounds off FELONY ADULTURYTHIS IS CALLED ELDER FINANCIAL ABUSE AND THIEFT BECAUSE TO THIS DAY I DO NOT KNOW WHAT SHE DID WITH ALL THAT CASH MONEY. SHE SHOULD BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE. IT CALLED TOUGH LOVE. (READ THE BOOK)>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thank you for your reply.

You have to sue whoever did this to you, not Wells Fargo, and if there was someone who was identified as committing fraud against your account, then you need to sue those people. However, if the investigation showed who stole the money from you, then you have 3 years from discovery to file suit against them to recover your money.

If your wife did that to you and stole the money from you, then you need to present the evidence to adult protective services or the district attorney and they have to investigate further to pursue criminal charges. You can still sue her even if they do not pursue criminal charges and you can seek a civil judgment against her to recover the money she allegedly stole from you.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.