Is there a window of time, that a commercial lease can be…

Is there a window of...
Is there a window of time, that a commercial lease can be voided/broken, in the state of Georgia?
12/31/2017
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello again! This is Olivia. I just answered your last question :)

In Georgia, certain contracts have a 3 day cancellation window. I've included the link to the government website that shows the information: http://consumer.georgia.gov/consumer-topics/canceling-a-contract

Georgia states that a contract may be cancelled if "t is a written agreement between two or more parties, listing all details of the agreement and signed by all parties."

You'll want to take a look at your lease agreement b/c I'm sure there's actually a clause in there discussing cancellation.

----------

Please let me know if I've answered your question. If I have, could you please take a moment to submit a rating so that I receive credit for working with you. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger - me. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all (although not rating is way better than leaving an unjustified negative rating). If you have any follow up questions I would be *happy* to answer them. Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! It DOES NOT cost you anything at all to submit a rating; it just allows me to get credit for helping you - otherwise I get no credit at all. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Thanks Olivia!

It's my pleasure :)

I'm here if you need anything in the future :) If you put "this question is for Olivia" it will make its way over to me.

Happy New Year!

Thank you! Happy New Year to you!