An original wage garnishment was sent and paid. Afterward,

Customer Question
An original wage garnishment...

An original wage garnishment was sent and paid. Afterward, another garnishment do the same thing as the previous was sent for additional monies due, that was NOT included or part of the original contract or garnishment. Now, here is a Third one for the same requesting almost 2,000$ more. Why, can we not find the form to revoke the garnishment as stated in the state statutes? What can be done to stop this immediately and sue this company for undo stress, potentially I could lose my job if this continues?? NEED HELP ASAP AND CANT AFFORD TO HIRE AN ATTORNEY

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

In my original question it states that three garnishments for the exact same thing have been delivered to my employer. 2 of which have been paid. This needs to stop now

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, they just need to review the original question

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
12/31/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Included with the garnishment form served on the employer for wage garnishment there is supposed to be an objection to garnishment form on the forms. If not here is a link which contains a Notice of Motion for Wage Deduction Exemption Hearing, where you can object to the garnishment based on you already satisfying the debt from prior garnishments. See: http://www.law.siu.edu/selfhelp/info/consumer/debtsup.pdf

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney