Tina, need a questiknanswered re my recent marriage break up…

Customer Question
Hi tina, need a questiknanswered...
Hi tina, need a questiknanswered re my recent marriage break up
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
My wife and i split 7 weeksago.
She has since been to collect her personal items and is now requesting further access through her lawyer. Im hoping to get some legal advice on this matter before i allow access. Can i prevent access on grounds that i am awaiting legal advice
12/31/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Until there is actually a court order in place, you have to allow your spouse to obtain her personal items. You do not have to allow her to take items that would be considered marital property, unless you consent to her having that property. But you need to at least allow her to retrieve her personal property or separate property and cannot refuse that. You can only refuse to allow her to take any marital property you do not want her to have..

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.