In ud court can a judge give judgement yo the plaintiff if…

Customer Question
In ud court can...

In ud court can a judge give judgement yo the plaintiff if the defendant was not served right.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

I got a stay, and filed appeal

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/31/2017
Lawyer: TJ, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

If a defendant is not properly served, then any judgment against him is voidable ... i.e., such a defendant has the right to ask that the court vacate the judgment after a showing that service was improper. A judge would have to vacate the judgment on due process grounds.

Does that answer your question(s)? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, and you haven't yet rated me, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.