I make and sell one of a kind electrical lamps locally. It's…

Customer Question
I make and sell one...
I make and sell one of a kind electrical lamps locally. It's more of a side hobby and it makes me a litte money here and there on the side. What kind of liability insurance should I have and do I have to have some sort of electrics license to buy the liability insurance?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
12/31/2017
Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your legal question today. I'm attorney Bill assisting you.

You could take out products' liability insurance on your lamps that you are manufacturing.

As a manufacturer you would be liable for injury caused by a defect in your product.

There is no license requirement to take out product liability insurance; the insurance company will need the specific details of your enterprise to determine the risk involved and may need to interview you and see product plans before accepting you an insurer.

Here is a guide to safety and compliance requirements for your product:

https://www.nist.gov/sites/default/files/documents/2017/05/05/01-18-2017-8118r1-guide_to_us_electrical_and_electronic_products.pdf

We are here to help

So please follow up with me as required.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback to get a credit for my answer.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

So I hope you rate FIVE STARS today before your exit.

Happy Holidays

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer