If I have a cop write and hand deliver a no trespassing

Customer Question
If I have a...

If I have a cop write and hand deliver a no trespassing order on someone how do i take it back in okla

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Okla

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I had a cop write up a no trespassing order and hand it to someone

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can i invite the person over and get trespassing order dropped and how

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/31/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

What do you meant by hand delivering a no trespassing order? Did the person get a citation? Did a judge issue an order? What do you mean by taking it back?

Just a citation
Drop the no trespassing order so I can have the person back over without fear of fine or other pentalty
The cop told the person that I couldn't even if I invited the person over they are going to jail
I want to have the no trespassing order inactaived

I see. So the cop issued a citation to her for trespassing on your property. In theory, she can be cited if she's trespassing on your property again - so you could give her a letter that you've signed (in the presence of a notary would give it even more authority) which states that she is authorized to be there and she can present that letter to an officer if one approaches her. Technically anyone who is on someone else's property after they're told to leave is 'trespassing' but there's no trespassing order that would need to be 'inactivated' here - which is why having this letter would be helpful. If the citation hasn't been paid yet and there is an opportunity for a hearing you could also go with your friend to the court and tell the judge that you don't want her deemed trespassing when she comes on your property. Please let me know if I've answered your question. If I have, could you please take a moment to submit a rating so that I receive credit for working with you. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger - me. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all (although not rating is way better than leaving an unjustified negative rating). If you have any follow up questions I would be *happy* to answer them. Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! It DOES NOT cost you anything at all to submit a rating; it just allows me to get credit for helping you - otherwise I get no credit at all. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your question.

There isn't a fine or hearing in the citation

Okay, so then if you give her a notarized letter stating she can be on the property she would be able to present that if she was ever challenged.